The HR Shared Services Specialist (HRSS Specialist) is an integral part of the Workiva HR Shared Services team. This role provides consistent, high quality HR support for the organization through multiple channels with a strong focus on the employee experience. The HRSS Specialist will serve as a resource to assist our employees with a variety of requests in the areas of HR and any other support needs that occur throughout the employee life cycle. This role will apply policies, procedures, and guidelines appropriately and will demonstrate a high standard of communication skills, customer service, and judgement.
- Triage incoming HR Service Center tickets and e-mails; research and resolve requests that come into the HR Service Center in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work as a subject matter expert in the areas of HR and other functions supported by Shared Services (i.e. payroll, stock administration).
- Analyze requests and escalate issues to HR Centers of Excellence as necessary and serve as liaison with COE to ensure case resolution.
- Provide escalated support for the HR Shared Services team.
- Proactively review cases to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Redirect employees to HR Service Center knowledge base resources and Workday self-service as appropriate.
- Proactively maintain and curate HR Service Center knowledge base.
- Collaborate with the Manager of HR Shared Services to gather HR Service Center usage metrics. Analyze trends and processes to drive change, increase efficiency, and reduce errors.
- Assist employees and managers with day-to-day Workday troubleshooting & ensure transactions in Workday are completed accurately.
- Maintain Workday data integrity – running queries and analyzing/validating data.
- Respond to requests for data and information from state agencies, employees and HR team, ensuring compliance with all company, local, state and federal laws.
- Assist with global immigration paperwork and annual SOX/SOC audits.
- Support and provide backup to the broader HR Operations team with projects as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years HR Shared Services or HR operations experience; comprehensive knowledge of general HR functions, processes, and procedures.
- Experience with a case management tool, preferably Jira Service Desk.
- Experience maintaining a knowledge base or Wiki, preferably Confluence.
- Experience handling sensitive matters with tact and integrity and with a focus on the employee experience.
- Robust experience in an HRIS system, preferably Workday.
- Strong analytic, problem solving, judgment and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels of the organization while upholding Workiva values.
Working Conditions & Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How you Will Be Rewarded
Base Pay Range in Colorado: $62,000-$70,000 annually
Discretionary bonus typically paid annually
Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.