The HR Operations Analyst is an integral part of the HR team, responsible for owning design, configuration, management and maintenance of Workday, and administering HR policies to fulfill employment compliance requirements for Workiva. This role owns configuration for assigned areas and will partner cross-functionally to upgrade processes, deploy new functionality, or complete major system changes. The role also delivers reporting, analysis and project support to the HR team, integrating information and developing best practices to evolve global HR processes and reporting to ensure compliance and optimal efficiency. The HR Operations Analyst applies critical thinking to develop innovative solutions to maximize the effectiveness of the HR Operations team.
- Serves as technical point-of-contact and owner of Workday, including researching and resolving problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; and clearly communicating system changes, updates, and enhancements.
- Obtains requirements from subject matter experts within HR and other parts of the business. Translates business needs into functional and technical requirements. Implements solutions and coordinates and leads activities related to project work plans.
- Completes configuration testing and necessary governance processes prior to moving changes into production.
- Owns configuration of assigned Workday modules, yet operates with a keen understanding of the overall system architecture. Provides advice and input across all configuration areas for the team.
- Create and maintain Workday documentation including user guides, training manuals, and operating manuals.
- Responsible for educating internal staff on functionalities and new features within the system.
- Maintain data accuracy and integrity within systems through regular review and audit of data.
- Manage permissions, access, personalization and system operations and settings for Workday users.
- Work with implementation partners for necessary technical support.
- Provides analytic observations and development of Workday reports, dashboards, and scorecards on HR metrics to assist in assessing the effectiveness of talent management practices, including: recruiting, employee relations, performance management, retention, turnover, talent management, mobility, career progression.
- Ensures data quality and integrity by performing regular maintenance and system audits.
- Maintains proper policies and records, and executes procedures to meet company requirements and labor and employment regulations.
- Prepares, processes, and tracks required employment documentation throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Aids in external customer audits on employee compliance when necessary.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 3-5 years of in-depth Workday system configuration experience.
- Ability to appropriately plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong foundational understanding of HR best practices & ability to understand key HR concepts.
- Strong understanding of Workday design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with database tools.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated track record of success leading key initiatives from start to finish.
- Able to develop strong relationships with employees and all levels of management and partnerships with key stakeholders.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How you Will Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $66,000 to $75,000
- Discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.