- Experience in high tech industry and tech engineering client group support preferred.
The HR Business Partner will partner with assigned internal client groups to understand short-term and long-term business goals and to develop and deliver talent management programs and solutions in support of them. This role has responsibilities for matters including but not limited to employee relations, change management, performance development, employee engagement, coaching, retention, and succession planning. The HR Business Partner plays a critical role in nurturing the Workiva culture by encouraging positive relations between employees and by modeling open communication and effective teamwork.
- Establish excellent relationships with business leaders and employees in assigned internal client groups to build understanding of their strategies, challenges, opportunities, and needs.
- Design and implement talent solutions that drive positive changes across the organization.
- Utilize a strong understanding of the HR body of knowledge when partnering with assigned client groups.
- Develop effective collaborative partnerships across the HR team to ensure consistent alignment with goals and priorities and to develop and implement effective solutions.
- Influence talent decisions by keeping a pulse on the business, teams, local market, and industry.
- Identify gaps in current talent and helps leaders anticipate and plan for future needs.
- Extend advice and coach employees and management on human resources issues including employee relations, conflict resolution, company policy interpretation, and management principles.
- Interpret and leverage data to problem-solve and drive talent priorities.
- Influence organizational design decisions and contribute to change management and communication plans.
- Conduct investigations and resolve employee issues.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and advice as an innovative problem-solver in performance related matters. Ensure legal compliance and mitigate risk.
- Coach and train managers to establish and maintain a positive culture and engaging work environment.
- Lead and manage employee engagement activities.
- Foster the company’s employee-centric culture, encouraging open and transparent communications.
- Update and monitor adherence to HR policies/procedures and timelines; ensure legal compliance.
What You’ll Need
- Ability to build trust and credibility with key business partners and all levels of employees across the company, including executive management.
- Strong ability to coach, provide guidance, influence, and facilitate healthy dialogue.
- Highly effective leadership and strategic influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to translate strategic initiatives into operational plans.
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results, and continuous improvement.
- Able to work in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- A high level of confidentially and demonstrated good judgment. Must handle highly sensitive matters in a timely and professional manner.
- Under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances, takes initiative to pull together stakeholders that can propose solutions.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret federal and state employment laws.
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- 5+ years progressive responsibility in human resources disciplines including employee relations, change management, compensation, diversity, organizational development, and performance development.
- Preferred experience in a global high growth software company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification strongly preferred.
- Up to 15% travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Up to 15% travel
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $102,000 – $132,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.