Landus Cooperative is currently seeking a Grain Marketing Advisor! Do you have a passion for agriculture and working with local farmers? Would you consider yourself to be customer focused and detail-oriented? Then come join our team! We are seeking a motivated individual who can assist our farmers with coordinating and developing grain marketing strategies for their operations! At Landus Cooperative, you’ll find a fun team atmosphere and a stable career that offers excellent benefits for full-time employees! Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Provide prompt, professional, and courteous customer service.
- Maintain and increase regional grain market share and customer retention records.
- Maintain accurate records of Landus Cooperative bids and basis, local processors/domestic markets, freight rates, etc.
- Make selected sales calls on present and prospective customers regarding marketing their grain through Landus Cooperative.
- Develop and maintain a call list of potential grain accounts including their marketing plans and sales history.
- Monitor grain price changes and send information to customers weekly.
- Monitor customer offers, contracts, and settlement documentation.
- Assist in coordination of scheduling truck transportation for FOB farm purchases.
- Assist in preparing and presenting information at grain meetings for employees and customers.
- Communicate grain information and market development to all employees within the region.
- Assist in developing grain division marketing and budgeting plans.
- Be familiar with office procedures, facilities, and over-all operations.
- Must have a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ag Business from a four-year university or an Associate Degree and four years of agricultural marketing experience.
- Good computer skills.
- Teamwork: Works hard to emphasize team success ahead of individual success.
- Safety: Protects the well-being of our employees, customers, and consumers.
- Consistent Quality: Accepts responsibility to provide quality work in a timely manner.
- Empowered: Enjoys working hard and has initiative to do what’s right.
- Integrity: Displays honesty by doing what they say they will do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
View page here