The Territory Representative supports specific dealers by servicing their needs and maintaining the relationship. This position exposes the individual to different experiences within Vermeer forage in preparation for further career advancement. This role provides a foundation to sales and territory management as well as product management at Vermeer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. Assist with managing designated dealers in order to maintain field inventory and accounts receivable, and further sales promotion. Assist with training programs with designated dealers in order to grow sales.
3. Develop and maintain relationships with dealers through product support, follow-up on dealers’ questions, and feedback to Vermeer for resolution. Call directly on end-user customers in order to assist dealers in developing new customer relationships for Vermeer Forage equipment. Assist Sales and Marketing in Voice of Customer (VOC) interviews.
4. Develop and maintain in depth knowledge of company equipment as well as the market, and stay abreast of competitive equipment and competitive dealers in the territory by attending farm shows and open houses, etc. Perform equipment demonstrations as directed by sales managers in order to develop and grow business through the dealership network.
5. Research and recruit quality dealers into the Forage Segment under direction of the sales manager.
6. Update, maintain, and manage sales and inventory reports as well as other requested reporting in a timely manner.
Education and/or Experience
– Associate’s Degree in Agriculture Science, Sales & Marketing, or Business Management.
– 3-4 years previous job experience and/or training in the Agriculture Equipment Industry; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Ability to operate hay equipment, tractor, and projector.
– Knowledge in the area of Agriculture equipment.
– Knowledge of the cattle business preferred.
– Ability to effectively manage dealers.
– Ability to travel with numerous overnight trips.
– Ability to obtain sales goals.
– Ability to provide inventory checks on a timely basis.
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
– Ability maintaining positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness with customers and peers.
– Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
– Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while supporting the department.
Certifications, Licenses, Registration
Valid driver’s license
Up to 50% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.