Our Territory Representatives interact face to face with our customers, understand their needs and consult to offer the right solutions. We work collaboratively in Field Sales Teams and play a critical role in supporting our customer centric business model.
The Territory Manager is a key member of the field sales team and plays a critical role in supporting our company’s customer centric business model. This position is responsible for working in their respective territory to understand and identify veterinary clinic and customer needs, by selling our company’s Animal Health products, supporting pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy, and ensuring that Merck Animal Health is viewed as bringing value and technical innovations aligned to our strategic focus the Science of Healthier Animals. In addition, the Territory Manager demonstrates an understanding of the resources available across our company’s Animal Health and our Distribution Partners.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Communicates about product in a way that’s meaningful and relevant to each individual customer; customizes discussions and interactions based on understanding of customer’s needs
- Primary point of contact for assigned customers, meet with key personnel/decision makers to understand practice structure, business model, key influencers (Owner/Practice Manager/Key Tech/Associate Vet/Front office staff), customer needs and identifies business opportunities.
- Develop customer strategy – outlining strategy for interactions/relationship, solutions, partner involvement and potential offerings for customer resulting in sales opportunities and account sales growth of our company’s Animal Health products and services.
- Develop territory and specific account plans for all key customers. Partners with National Account Managers, Corporate Account Team, and Distribution Field Partners to maintain strong focus on key accounts and corporate owned clinics to drive sales growth.
- Work collaboratively across all species teams to foster a one company approach to enhance knowledge of the entire MAH product portfolio.
- Shares with other team members within the region to foster growth and development within the team.
- Analyze sales results on a monthly basis and manage expenses within budget guidelines.
- Identifies and selects programs/services available within our company’s Animal Health’s available resources to address customer needs and provide education & training opportunities to accounts.
- Works with leadership and Field Technical Services to develop and deliver relevant offerings that address desired customer needs.
- Expand current understanding of our company’s Animal Health products, industry trends and competitor landscape.
- Articulates and communicates relevant customer, industry, product, and market trends appropriately through the organization.
- Responsible for developing and meeting learning and development objectives agreed upon with leadership
Background & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Motivated and focused on achieving measurable, tangible results, demonstrating proficient ability to utilize data resources including analytic problem-solving tools to resolve customer issues.
- Utilizes the strengths and diversity of other team members to improve own performance and consistently shares important and relevant information with the team.
- Demonstrated understanding of positions’ contribution to the business goals and willingness to adopt changes to current processes and champion innovative technologies to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to independently understand customers’ evolving needs and expectations and combines with knowledge of customers’ organization and culture to drive long term sustainable results and identify strategic opportunities.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of effective selling techniques and approaches to create a compelling rationale for the value and use of MAH products using approved evidence-based scientific and economic data.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and manage a diverse mix of accounts independently within a territory, and to develop plans and goals for the customer based on the priority level of the account and customer needs.
- General computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to use an iPad.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Ability to travel overnight and some weekend activity
- Industry sales experience
- Knowledge of animal health biological and pharmaceutical products.
- Understanding or past experience working with distribution.
- Multi-lingual fluency preferred particularly Spanish
Read more here.