You’re not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people are from all walks of life in locations around the world, rolling up our sleeves and getting tough work done every day. Together. We’re a family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has real, personal impact – on our people, our customers and our world. Whoever you are and where you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do More®.
The Engineer II – Embedded Software applies in-depth knowledge of software engineering industry best practices, standards and technologies to develop, integrate, test, and debug embedded software for high complexity machine control systems. This position helps mentor and lead others to understand complex code and create simple solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. Develop, integrate, test, and debug control systems, which could include hydraulics and mechanical. Provide support to production, service, and on occasion in-the-field testing.
3. Provide technical leadership, design reviews and assessments for high-complexity systems, including mentoring less-experienced engineers.
4. Assist in the analysis and allocation of software requirements, along with developing machine-level testing approaches and procedures.
Education and/or Experience
– 4-year college degree in Computer Science or Computer or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
– Or other 2 or 4-year college degree with a minimum of 7 years related experience.
– Proficient in C, C++, C# and other compiled code packages
– Knowledge of graphical programming environments including Matlab Simulink
– Familiarity with embedded architectures
– Experience with UWP/WPF/XAMARIN & .NET
Other Skills and Abilities
– Knowledge in control system theory and applications. Strong preference for experience in the control system design for off road vehicles, CAN and J1939 protocols.
– Ability to design, test, and implement Human-Machine Interface and Virtual Instrument components and controls.
– Ability to analyze, develop and write specifications that direct software code development.
– Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
– Knowledge in the areas of electronic circuits, microcontroller architectures, and principles of operation.
– Ability to maintain a positive, professional relationship when working with co-workers, customers and the public.
– Ability to communicate timely and effectively, both orally and in writing documents.
– Ability to prioritize multiple tasks for self and others, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
Up to 10% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.
HYBRID: Some of a team member’s day-to-day work may be best done at a location other than a Vermeer campus. Discuss specific arrangements with your manager.