The Digital Agriculture Innovations Team within the Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering at Iowa State University is accepting applications for Engineering I/II positions which will provide technical leadership in the areas of Sensing, Automation, and Robotics for mobile vehicle systems. The ISU Digital Agriculture Innovation Team (www.isudigitalag.org) consists of professional staff and graduate students who work closely with agricultural industry partners to develop innovative technology solutions for agriculture. The team has a strong innovation record with over 30 patents and licensed technologies.
Daily responsibilities of this position may include:
- Software development for sensing, automation, and/or robotics using Matlab and Simulink
- Mechanical and hydraulic system design for vehicle systems
- Sensor interfacing and basic signal analysis for control systems
- Development of functional prototypes that integrate mechanical, electrical, software, and hydraulic systems.
This work will be completed in a highly collaborative team environment.
The successful candidate:
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Completes projects within a specified timeline
- Communicates effectively and provides technical leadership
- Ensures a safe working environment.
- Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills and has a detail oriented personality
- Is a motivated self-starter
- Possesses the ability to conduct, document, and communicate research methods and results in the area of software development for sensing, automation, and/or robotic systems
This position provides strong work diversity in a welcoming environment. Candidates that are detail oriented, organized, and value being on a strong team are encouraged to apply. All staff members are expected to interact collegially and maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, integrity, and ethics. The Digital Agriculture Innovations Team offers multiple opportunities for career growth and technical development for its employees.
These are three year term positions, with expectation for renewal based on performance and availability of funding and will be hired as an Engineer I or II depending on candidate’s experience.
Engineer I: Bachelor’s degree (PS809)
Engineer II: Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience (PS810)
In addition to the duties listed, the Engineer II level will be expected to engage in multiple projects with moderate oversight, be responsible for planning timeline and scope for project responsibilities, and directly engage with outside stakeholders.