Daily responsibilities of this position may include:
- Modeling the virtual framework, mathematical relationships, design specifications, etc. of dynamic machine systems. Examples could include design of feedback control systems, optimization of suspension systems, etc.
- Development of virtual prototypes that integrate control, software, mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical systems.
- Performing simulations that test a variety of system parameters and design variables.
- Data analysis of simulation results to quantify correlation, system-level performance of an experimental design, etc.
- Documenting virtual methodologies used, writing technical engineering reports, and providing design direction and support in early stages of physical development.
This work will be completed in a highly collaborative team environment.
The successful candidate:
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently.
- Completes projects within a specified timeline.
- Communicates effectively and provides technical leadership.
- Ensures a safe working environment.
- Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills and has a detail-oriented personality.
- Is a motivated self-starter.
- Possesses the ability to conduct, document, and communicate research methods and results in the area of dynamic systems modeling.
In addition to the duties listed, the Engineer II level will be expected to engage in multiple projects with moderate oversight, be responsible for planning timeline and scope for project responsibilities, and directly engage with outside stakeholders.
This position provides strong work diversity in a welcoming environment. Candidates that are detail oriented, organized, and value being on a strong team are encouraged to apply. All staff members are expected to interact collegially and maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, integrity, and ethics. The Digital Agriculture Innovations Team offers multiple opportunities for career growth and technical development for its employees.
This is a three-year term position, with expectation for renewal based on performance and availability of funding and will be hired as an Engineer I or II depending on candidate’s experience.
Engineer I: Bachelor’s degree (PS809)
Engineer II: Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience (PS810)
• Individual contributor position with developing professional and/or technical skills working under immediate to general supervision
• Grasps professional-level knowledge and concepts of field while working in a progressive learning mode
• Works on problems and issues of somewhat limited scope
• Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data for which answers are available or can be obtained
• Responds to inquiries and issues, escalating to manager or higher level workers as appropriate
• May lead projects of limited scope and complexity
• May provide guidance to students