1 – First Shift
The Embedded Software Engineer Intern helps integrate, test, and debug embedded software for Vermeer machine control systems. This position will also provide support to production and dealership technical personnel in regards to new product launches and technical issues as they relate to existing machines and software issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. Help develop, integrate, test, and debug application firmware for Vermeer machine control systems.
3. Assist other engineering groups, production, suppliers, safety, sales, service, etc. in order to provide engineering related information to meet project goal assigned.
Education and/or Experience
– High School diploma required.
– Current student pursing a Bachelor’s degree in in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or Machine Control.
– Previous internship is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Knowledge in the areas of electronic circuits, microcontroller architectures and principles of operation. Ability to read electrical and electronic schematics.
– Knowledge in control system theory and applications.
– Experience with Embedded C language programming.
– Experience with test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, and signal generators.
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
– Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills.
ONSITE: A team member’s day-to-day work is best done on a Vermeer campus. If work content can be occasionally completed at an offsite location, discuss potential arrangements with your manager.
Read more here.