The Director of Product Insights – Product Operations Team is an experienced data and analytics professional that builds the foundation and leads the Product Insights function. They craft product analytics strategy and use product insights to drive portfolio management activities. Key job responsibilities include working closely with R&D leadership and key stakeholders to improve the way we use data to drive our business.
What You’ll Do
- Foster a data culture across the organization by establishing a product analytics practice
- Act as a strategic advisor to internal stakeholders to guide their selection of “metrics that matter”
- Lead cross-functional efforts to bring together data from multiple data sources to create reports and dashboards that provide product insights to drive strategic business decisions
- Define a self-service strategy for product analytics to support a variety of data stakeholders including Product Management and User Experience Research teams
- Partner with the Data Management and Analytics (DM&A) technology team and Product Operations to implement your strategy
- Build close relationships with the DM&A team and serve as an interface for business stakeholders’ product analytics needs
- Clearly articulate business needs to inform architecture and platform vision including vendor selection
- Deliver high-impact, highly visible presentations around the Product Insight’s strategy, processes, metrics, and KPIs to senior and executive level management
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Candidates for this role typically have a degree in Economics, Data, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related discipline.
- 10+ years working in a data science or analytics role
- Prior B2B SaaS software experience
- Above Average SQL knowledge and prior experience with statistical modeling
- Knowledge of data warehouse design
- Strong experience with design of back end of management reporting dashboards and use of software such Tableau, BigQuery, Sisense, etc.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills required to appropriately manage and work with all internal stakeholders including executive management