The Director of Sales Enablement will take the Workiva Go-to-Market and Solution strategies and lead the development of learning materials, content, training, tools and resources to drive growth and sales excellence. Bringing new solutions to market and reducing time to market are core tenets of these strategies.
Through partnering with solution management, marketing, business development, and other key stakeholders, the Director of Sales Enablement will develop and execute impactful, data-driven programs for transforming sales.
Taking a leader-first approach, the Director of Sales Enablement will understand the needs of the field by engaging closely with sales leadership and will provide tools and resources to help sales leadership coach their teams for high performance.
- Collaborate with solution leaders, product marketing, sales, business development and other stakeholders to establish the Sales Enablement priorities and roadmap that enable our sellers to execute our GTM strategy
- Tailor the strategy and approach to meet the needs of a global organization
- Take a competency-based approach to identifying training and development needs
- Train and reinforce our sales methodology based on Force Management
- Oversee the development of effective training materials that will meet goals and objectives
- Lead the planning and executing of sales training events including sales kickoff
- Assess content understanding through post-delivery exams
- Review and analyze course evaluations to determine effectiveness of training sessions
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development to improve the sales talent onboarding experience, talent pipeline, and develop sales talent
- Influence the selection and optimization of sales technology (e.g. Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Ignite, Highspot, QuickSight)
- Lead a professional, high-performing team by providing ongoing mentoring, coaching, and feedback to support optimal performance and development of team members
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: approachable, positive thinker, patient and empathetic
- Passionate about new technology and genuinely interested in understanding how new technology works, the value it brings and how to articulate that value to clients
- Excellent active listening skills with ability to understand what is being asked and offer responses with appropriate answers
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present topics clearly and succinctly
- Adaptable with ability to react quickly to changing direction without sacrificing quality
- Ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing
- 10+ years’ experience in a sales enablement or similar role
- 5+ years’ leading high-performing teams
- Experience building strong relationships with sales leaders and individual sellers
- Experience in technology sales, SaaS preferred
- Proven success using metrics for evaluating sales team performance and identifying development needs
- Up to 30% travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here