The Director of Product Marketing creates the go-to-market strategies for products and solutions in their area of expertise, including product positioning, marketing strategy, and sales enablement to drive buyer awareness and desired business outcomes. The director leads product and solution launches cross-departmentally, and identifies and prioritizes product features, while providing consulting and management support to the assigned business initiative.
- Create go-to-market strategy for assigned products, markets and/or solutions, and ensure that execution of the plan drives to business goals
- Manage platform and point-solution initiatives to focus sales effort and to ensure the achievement of revenue and profit goals for specific solutions
- Drive the development, execution, and delivery of thought leadership content (webinars, blogs, white papers, etc.) to advance credibility and awareness, and drive pipeline
- Collaborate with Product Management, Sales, Sales Operations, and Field Readiness for successful sales roll-outs of sales enablement and support tools
- Develop product positioning and complete competitive analysis
- Consult with customers in partnership with Product Management and Sales to explore product and market opportunities
- Identify key functional, ecosystem, and operational requirements to better serve the targeted market
- Provide consulting and management support to marketing and sales areas, identifying emerging market opportunities
- Become an influencer through thought leadership exposure and speaking engagements across industry associations
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- MBA preferred
- 8+ years combined experience in the assigned market/solution, product marketer, or practitioner experience
- Experience in tech marketing; SaaS experience preferred
- Experience with industry technologies that service the relevant processes of the buyer persona preferred
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization from the buyer and end user to executive management.
- Successful track record collaborating and influencing cross-functional leadership teams
- Exceptional data and analysis skills
- Proven skills to identify new and better ways to drive the business
- Extraordinary listening, communication, and program management skills