The Director of Product Marketing – Marketing Messaging Principal directs and drives the Workiva Marketing team’s message, content, and creative tone. This role is responsible for building an engaged audience for the Workiva brand, and long-term customer relationships with Workiva. This is a highly influential and collaborative role that helps guide and develop all messaging, marketing strategy, content, media strategy, prospect engagement, and sales enablement. The position demands a unique intersection of incredible creativity with the capacity to evaluate and act on performance analysis.
- Collaborate with domain experts and customers to gain a deep understanding of the market and solutions
- Develop a compelling, engaging, emotive, and believable narrative for the Workiva brand and ensure this narrative is carried throughout events and initiatives
- Own the track and brand experience for Workiva’s annual user conference and oversee session development
- Create and deploy a messaging framework for use across all audiences, including internal-, prospect-, and customer-facing material.
- Partner with the content, video, and design teams to develop content across all key target segments, drive demand, and progress pipeline
- Ensure progress towards and consistency of brand and tone standards
- Work with demand generation team to improve content performance based on depth of knowledge across key channels
- Change and optimize how we use media
- Lead the marketing team to be customer-focused
- Create a disruptive approach for using all possible media available for distributing the Workiva narrative
- Create a clear and easy operational plan for content repurposing and re-distribution
- Recommend naming conventions and own the naming hierarchy for the Workiva brand and solutions
- Recommend media delivery for audience building, demand generation, and pipeline acceleration
- Collaborate on channel execution recommendations and content distribution tactics, and assist in the identification of new media vehicles to reach our audiences
- Collaborate with the solution teams and experts to contribute to the development of the best possible go to market position for Workiva solutions
- Contribute to the development and packaging of the whole product
- Work to develop content and communications that make the developed whole product easily understood and accessible by all targeted audience members and buyers
- Collaborate across solution and pre-sales to help direct compelling demonstrations
- Build integrated marketing recommendations and ensure successful execution of the plan
- Develop and/or direct the development of external content, sales prospecting guides, and email nurturing sequences
- Work with customer equity team to develop stories to be used in sales cycles, and collaborate with field readiness to activate new sales tools
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in roles that relate to marketing and product marketing, including inside sales, sales, and content development
- 3+ years previous experience in a B2B SaaS company less than 12 years old
- B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, business, or similar area of study preferred
- Prior experience working with and supporting a sales team preferred
- High comfort level working in a technology environment; experience in the technology sector preferred
- Ability to motivate internal stakeholders, sellers, and buyers
- Solid working knowledge and understanding across all marketing areas, including content marketing, direct-response sales content, and other platforms
- A relentless pursuit for excellence and results
- Great organizational skills and ability to direct projects
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Brand experience
- Up to 25% travel
- 100% remote or any of Workiva’s offices in the United States of America
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $172,000- $214,000
- Discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.