Date of Posting: August 19, 2021 Location: Ames, IA
Team: Sales and Marketing FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: President Supervisory: Yes
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. Ag Leader has become a global team providing year-round solutions to meet the needs of production agriculture. We are improving the lives of farmers around the world by helping them plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators continuing to revolutionize agriculture.
As a member of the Ag Leader Technology Leadership Team, the Director of Manufacturing is responsible for production of the highest quality precision ag products and timely delivery to our OEM and after-market dealer customers. The operational processes for which the Director is responsible includes: Production, Purchasing, Planning/Scheduling/Inventory Control, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and Shipping processes. As a leader, you will demonstrate and promote the Ag Leader Way:
- Willing, Ready, Doing
- Courage to do what is Right
The Right Person Will
- Contribute and thrive in a team environment
- Have a customer focused mentality
- Cultivate effective relationships with all levels within the company
- Welcome opportunities to solve technical and other work-related challenges
- Commit to bringing their best every day
Responsible for Directing the following through a team of Managers and Supervisors
- Production/assembly operations for precision agriculture equipment: electronic modules and displays, cable harnesses, mechanical assemblies and install kits
- Traditionally, High Mix – Low Volume products; with recent new products getting more into higher volumes.
- Purchasing department which sources and procures thousands of materials, components, fabricated metal/plastic parts and engineered sub-assemblies for our systems.
- Planning and scheduling using a combination of MRP and KanBan.
- Warehouse/Receiving/Inventory Control
- Participate with sales team in forecasting to understand future demand and plan process capacity and labor capacity accordingly.
- Order fulfillment, picking, packing and distribution/shipping functions.
- Quality and continuous improvement; ISO9001 compliant, based on Lean Mfg approach.
- Manufacturing Engineering providing technical support to production and product/process testing operations.
- Manage performance to established goals in quality, delivery, productivity and costs.
- Manage budget and expenses within the Department.
Qualifications & Skills
- Create/enhance the work environment in which people feel empowered and can perform effectively as a team.
- Team player that works well with other leaders and support staff.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing practices and ability to promote their use.
- Experience with quality systems and ERP/MRP.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Education: College degree in Engineering/Technical or Business
- Minimum of 10 years experience managing in a manufacturing environment and 5 years of experience in a leadership role.