This position is responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing management of Workiva’s management and leadership development philosophy and strategy. Reporting to the VP of Talent and Organizational Development, this high-profile role will work directly with front line managers to senior leaders to develop management and leadership capability, deliver a best-in-class leadership development program, consult with business leaders on leadership challenges, and leverage data and insights to design learning opportunities at scale. This position will also help drive change management strategies, champion transformational initiatives, and bring new ideas and innovative approaches to the development of management and leadership skills at Workiva.
This role will partner closely with HR and business leaders, HR Business Partners and Centers of Excellence (COEs), and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) to create and implement a practical framework for developing managers and leaders now and for the future. This position requires an individual who can act as a coach and consultant to the business, build and execute integrated, large-scale manager and leadership development strategies and solutions, and help develop organizational capability to accelerate our growth as a company.
- Diagnose leadership gaps and business opportunities to design a development framework, program, curriculum, and solutions to accelerate manager and leadership readiness, capability, and performance
- Evolve our existing management and leadership program and practices with a more targeted framework resulting in a unified approach
- Drive the strategy and impact for enterprise assessment and coaching practice
- Partner with HR and business leaders, HR Business Partners and COEs, DEIB, and other key partners to effectively deliver a manager and leadership development strategy that enables the organization to meet its strategic priorities
- Design and facilitate trainings and learning dialogs online and in person as needed for leaders at all levels that create a-ha moments and experiences that lead to deeper insight and growth
- Co-design interventions for leaders to deliver in their current jobs and grow into future roles of increasing responsibility
- Utilize LMS (Workramp) and LXP (Degreed) to create learning modules, certifications, and individualized learning paths
- Deliver innovative, high-impact solutions that incorporate the latest learning trends including gamification, badges, and immersive learning
- Leverage internal expertise, vendors, and consultants to develop, deliver and maintain best-in-class leadership development experiences
- Ensure that our leadership initiatives are effectively communicated and implemented, leveraging technology to enable scale where applicable and ensure DEIB is embedded in the overall strategy and execution
- Develop strategic partnerships and networks to strengthen manager and leadership development across the organization
- Stay abreast of latest trends and best practices to apply internally as it aligns with our management and leadership development strategy
- Effectively manage budgets, vendor relationships, and program logistics
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years related experience
- Master’s degree, ICF/Coaching, DiSC, and/or other training certifications strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years direct people management experience preferred, including supervisor experience of managers
- Extensive knowledge of Human Resources, learning and development theory and practices, management and leadership development methodology, performance and skill assessment, consulting, manager and executive coaching, instructional design, program management, and vendor management.
- Passion for driving simplicity and improved manager capability and leadership development, organizational efficiency and effectiveness through the implementation of talent development strategies. Experience implementing best practices and knowledge of SaaS industry talent development trends.
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment, seamlessly moving between strategy and execution.
- Ability to coach, mentor, motivate, and influence key partners, stakeholders, and business leaders to take positive action and be accountable for their assigned work and impact on the employee experience and business results.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at various levels of the organization; consultative and collaborative style that allows for influence without authority.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Strong business acumen, coaching, facilitation, and consulting skills.
- Up to 15% travel (may fluctuate as business needs evolve)
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office. #LI-REMOTE