The Director of Demand Generation and Advertising provides strategic leadership and hands on participation in digital marketing and demand generation efforts for multiple solutions across a variety of channels including digital, social media, SEO/SEM and content marketing. This role is focused on developing and executing a digital marketing strategy aimed at acquisition and conversion of high quality sales leads, opportunity creation and progression, and driving demand for customer expansion. This individual will have oversight of demand-driven campaigns, relentless measurement of success and ROI for global business objectives and will be able to expertly communicate results and recommendations for continued growth.
Digital Marketing Mastery & Demand Program Oversight
- Develop strategy and demonstrate success in the creation of social & paid media channels, campaign frameworks, and a well-orchestrated content distribution & consumption approach
- Build a community of/and nurture target audiences (both prospect and customer segments)
- Work closely with all parts of the global marketing and cross-functional teams as well as lead partnership with regional marketing teams based outside of North America
- Ensure that global marketing campaigns align with the strategic goals and values of Workiva
- Lead team responsible for execution of the following channels: digital advertising, social media, paid search, video/content marketing, event management and digital asset creation
Configure, analyze, & optimize demand generation programs to achieve revenue growth targets
- Build and manage global media campaigns including: lead nurturing programs, customized landing pages & experiences and optimized plans for lead follow up and conversion
- Drive and improve the current lead generation methods and process, and continually find new ways to improve creation and conversion of incoming leads
- Use segmentation best practices for efficient and effective campaign targeting including buyer personas, customer journey and intent-based insights
- Analyze programs for performance insights that inform continuous improvement activities
- Continually monitor, test, analyze and refine programs for maximum ROI
- Create, improve upon, and maintain a reporting dashboard to track performance of demand generation programs including: channel efficiency, ROI, offer performance, customer journey views and more
Communicate and provide direction & leadership to internal & external teams
- Manage employees, consultants and vendors to deliver efficiently and with agility
- Lead vendor negotiations and manage the demand generation budget
- Provide leadership, career development and mentoring to direct reports
- Encourage a culture where employees are highly motivated, energetic, respected and enthusiastic
- Provide employees with coaching, feedback and development opportunities; create and deliver training to staff that enhances their skills
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for products and discovering new features to meet market needs
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work directly with customers
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and drive management teams to deliver world class services and high impact results
- Self-motivated and action-driven with the ability to execute and follow-through
- 8+ years of digital marketing experience, with an emphasis on driving demand and opportunity creation
- 4+ years of experience creating and leading a team of individual contributors
- 3+ years of experience in social media management
- 3+ years of experience in SEM/SEO
- Previous experience in a B2B or SaaS marketing role preferred
- Proven track record of developing marketing strategy, managing systems and processes and overseeing media budgets
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance
- Up to 30% travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
View page here