The Director of Benefits leads the design, development and delivery of comprehensive benefits strategies across the countries and markets in which Workiva has employees. This role works with Total Rewards team members to develop, implement, and administer innovative and effective benefits programs such as health and welfare, retirement, time off, and work/life programs. The Director of Benefits is responsible for managing employee benefits plan design, education, enrollment processes and ensuring ongoing legal compliance.
What You’ll Do
- Direct all global activities related to the delivery of benefit programs for the organization including health, retirement, life, disability, time off, work/life and other programs. Is responsible for North America and APAC plans, oversees plans in EMEA in partnership with the EMEA Total Rewards manager.
- Ensure effectiveness of current benefits programs and recommends proposed designs that are in alignment with the organization’s business strategy. Works closely with internal partners to evaluate the financial cost impact of program changes.
- Establish strong partnerships across the HR team and with other internal stakeholders.
- Monitor market practices, trends and requirements to ensure benefit offerings remain highly competitive, fiscally responsible, and legally compliant. Recommend strategies which appropriately balance employee needs and company priorities.
- Manage annual renewals and open enrollment planning, identifying and recommending changes/enhancements to benefit offerings and cost-sharing as appropriate.
- Drive employee communications and education related to benefits, while being an active hands-on contributor to the process.
- Oversee compliance activities to ensure requirements are met in all markets.
- Manage relationships with benefit brokers, advisors, TPAs, carriers and other vendors, ensuring high performance standards are met or exceeded.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on benefits administration responsibilities (including employee inquiries, claims assistance, benefits survey completion, benefits eligibility, billing, COBRA, leave of absences, disability, and workers’ compensation administration).
- Prepare presentations for Committee meetings to include recommendations on benefit program design or administration changes and cost impact to the organization.
- Member of the Total Rewards leadership team; defines benefits team roles and processes, and providing direction, coaching, and opportunities for development.
What You’ll Need
- Strong understanding of the HR body of knowledge.
- Ability to build trust and credibility with key business partners and all levels of employees across the company, including executive management.
- Strong ability to coach, provide guidance, influence, and facilitate healthy dialogue.
- Effective leadership and strategic influencing skills; Strong self-awareness.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to create strategic initiatives and turn them into operational plans.
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- A high level of confidentiality and demonstrated good judgment and ability to handle highly sensitive matters in a timely and professional manner.
- Under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances, identifies and brings together stakeholders that can create solutions.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret national and local benefits employment laws across North America, EMEA, and APAC.
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency in benefits administration/enrollment software is required, in Workday is preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility in employee benefits administration required
- Experience working in a global benefits administration position preferred
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification strongly preferred
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
- Up to 10% travel
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
View page here