The Director, HR Business Partner leads a geographically diverse HRBP team supporting the global organization. This role partners closely with senior leaders and employees to understand short-term and long-term business goals and develops and delivers strategic integrated talent management programs and solutions to meet company objectives. This role is also responsible for designing and implementing dynamic and strategic framework for matters including but not limited to employee relations, change management, performance development, employee engagement, coaching, retention, and succession planning.
- Lead a team of HR Business Partners to develop effective, scalable, and timely talent management solutions that elevate talent practices across the company.
- Provide strategic and day-to-day leadership to the HR Business Partner team, including defining clear team roles and processes and providing direction, coaching and opportunities for development.
- Own talent management and employee relations practices for the company. Lead and execute on the design and global implementation of best-in-class integrated talent solutions that drive positive results across the organization.
- Work with business leaders to establish action plans in alignment with business needs and HR strategy. Projects will be executed in partnership with other teams across HR.
- Build strategic leadership capabilities across the company by coaching senior leaders on organization-wide, high impact talent matters.
- Proactively work with business leaders to identify and address organizational issues that could impede the achievement of organizational goals and employee engagement.
- Analyze organizational issues to their root cause while identifying trends requiring changes in policies and practices.
- Actively promote Workiva’s leadership principles and values as a foundation of company culture and behavioral expectations for all employees.
- Contribute to diversity and inclusion programs to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Recommend, introduce, interpret and clarify Human Resources procedures, controls, and policies that are globally applicable and compliant.
- Develop effective collaborative partnerships across the HR team and company to ensure consistent alignment with goals and priorities.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification strongly preferred.
- Previous success in forming and leading an HRBP organization.
- 10+ years progressive responsibility in human resources disciplines including employee relations, change management, compensation, diversity, organizational development, and performance development.
- 4+ years leading a complex HR function.
- Preferred experience in a global high growth company.
- Strong understanding of the HR body of knowledge.
- Ability to build trust and credibility with key business partners and all levels of employees across the company, including executive management.
- Strong ability to coach, provide guidance, influence, and facilitate healthy dialogue.
- Effective leadership and strategic influencing skills. Strong self-awareness.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to create strategic initiatives and turn them into operational plans.
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results, and continuous improvement.
- Able to work in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- A high level of confidentially and demonstrated good judgment. Must handle highly sensitive matters in a timely and professional manner.
- Under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances, identifies and brings together stakeholders that can create solutions.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret national and local employment laws across North America, EMEA, and APAC.
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
View page here