The Environmental, Social, Governance Director is responsible for designing, implementing and measuring Workiva’s formal environmental, social and governance strategy to establish the company as a SaaS leader in responsible business practices that positively impact our employees, customers, communities, shareholders and the planet.
- Lead the development and implementation of a holistic, global ESG disclosure strategy, including the creation and tracking of public targets to relevant standards, establishing data and content collection and validation processes for various stakeholder groups, and support and lead key projects and programs in partnership with teams across the enterprise.
- Working with executive leadership, create and implement objectives and accountability frameworks that set the vision for Workiva’s short- and long-term public reporting and disclosures.
- Work across a diverse group of internal stakeholder groups to establish, measure and report the development and maintenance of key qualitative and quantitative corporate sustainability metrics that demonstrate Workiva’s progress against its ESG objectives.
- Help shape the development of Workiva’s proprietary ESG reporting solution, and utilize the solution to develop and implement an enterprise-wide plan for collecting, storing, validating and distributing Sustainability and ESG data and content for reporting and responding to requests from key stakeholders.
- Evaluate global ESG ratings, rankings and accountability frameworks and oversee Workiva’s responses.
- Serve as subject matter expert in sustainability and ESG reporting for the enterprise and provide regular updates to the executive leadership team and Board of Directors.
- In conjunction with other internal departments, act as the overall project manager to develop Workiva’s annual sustainability report, establish internal & external ESG talking points, presentations and RFP support.
- Represent Workiva externally at industry events.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in corporate ESG/sustainability issues and trends, including ESG frameworks, indices and ratings.
- Experience in the tech industry, preferred.
- Experience with third-party ESG reporting tools, a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for sustainability issues, disclosure practices, and industry-wide trends as well as the relevance of sustainability issues in the technology industry.
- Detail oriented with a proven competency at analyzing and interpreting complex data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for high-visibility storytelling, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to bring cross-functional teams together to achieve objectives.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to develop trusted partnerships with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to work under pressure with a high level of independence.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Up to 30%
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here