The Director of Content Marketing is responsible for providing strategic leadership and guidance across the North America Workiva content team, and supporting the EMEA and APAC teams as needed. This role owns all facets of the content marketing strategy from conceptualization to execution and reporting. The Director of Content Marketing works cross-departmentally, identifying all content marketing opportunities that communicate the Workiva perspective.
- Develops a complete content marketing vision and strategy.
- Leads the development and direction of the content marketing team.
- Works closely with in-house creative team, demand generation team, product marketing team and marketing operations team to contribute to campaign development, sales enabling assets and overall marketplace awareness of Workiva.
- Implements efficient content development process that maximizes resource capacity.
- Develops and manages metrics based performance analysis and contributes to continuous testing of content efficacy.
- Creates and executes with a holistic approach that covers multiple solutions and buyer personas.
- Maps content delivery against the entire identified buying journey
- Maintains alignment to the Workiva brand tone and voice and provides an editorial eye when crafting high-level campaign themes while also writing and producing content alongside subject matter experts (SMEs) and external resources.
- Create a framework that drives the decision-making process as it relates to content development and syndication.
- Identify new opportunities through A/B testing content assets such as landing pages, email campaigns, messaging, etc. Take an iterative approach to generate repeatable processes and success.
- Design a comprehensive content repository to map, house, and serialize content based on current and future goals and objectives.
- Establish performance goals using an insight-based approach to content optimization and planning.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 8+ Years of experience overseeing B2B content marketing programs
- Direct experience in SaaS technology
- A firm understanding of user experience and strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) skills are preferred
- Creative suite experience a plus
- Well documented and ordered portfolio of work
- Campaign execution
- Social media program content development
- Editorial mindset
- Be a change-agent who is comfortable both crafting and executing your vision
- Strong operational mindset to manage and monitor individual and team tasks and deadlines
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects while working cross functionally to meet both short-term and long-term goals
- Analytical abilities needed to gather and analyze key insights and metrics. Apply these findings to create a long-term vision to scale the content marketing program.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate horizontally and vertically across the organization
- Minimum of 25% travel
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $161,000- $195,000
- Discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more about the company: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.