As a Digital Product Owner in the Cloud Security organization within John Deere Enterprise Information Technology, located in Ames, IA you will set key business objectives and develop strategy across products with the cloud security product families. You will be responsible for engaging, mentoring, and leading the cloud CyberSecurity talent pipeline at our Ames facility. You will lead the overall roadmap and product pipeline across multiple delivery scrum teams in addition to supporting and leading a set of early career part-time employees at our Ames facility.
In addition, you will:
- Solicit feedback and input from various business stakeholders to ensure the Cloud Security organization is building the right set of products and solutions
- Communicate and present across differing levels of leadership to gain alignment and support for Cloud Security product families
- Align product delivery objectives across multiple scrum teams
- Facilitate efforts of large and complex features that may involve integrating the work of 2 or more teams
- Engage in hiring and talent development activities to attract and retain CyberSecurity talent
- Be responsible for teaching and enforcing the values and principles of Agile, while promoting self-organization and constantly improving our standards of work
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Strong business knowledge and leadership skills along with extensive experience with technology to understand what possible given current technology is, how trends will affect the product in the future, and how to communicate with teams to ensure they understand business needs and objectives
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to engage, lead, and mentor the diverse group of early talent individuals working in the Ames office
- Analytical ability to provide informed perspective to Product & Engineering Management during prioritization and funding allocation decisions
- Ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Understanding of the technologies & architecture of products within cloud and cyber security
- Possesses familiarity with multiple technologies, development methods and systems, and a basic understanding of programming languages
Interpersonal, Leadership and Teaming Competencies
- Proven ability to coach and develop others
- Proven ability to remove roadblocks (technical & business) for teams
- Strong communication, conflict resolution, and facilitation skills
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with a wide variety of teams and leaders
- Ability to influence without authority to resolve impediments across teams and products
- Ability to plan and execute deployment activities at the team level
- Learning Agility / Innovative – desire and openness for continuous technical learning and identifying areas for application
- Growth mindset – willingness to deal and thrive in uncertainty
What Makes You Stand Out
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and influence a wide variety of stakeholders across the enterprise
- Team-oriented, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities
- Demonstrated experience with DevSecOps principles and practices
- Technical leadership and deep understanding of one or more disciplines of development, security, and operations
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Ames
Nearest Secondary Market: Des Moines
Job Segment: Engineer, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology
View page here