TMC Transportation is the nation’s largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you’re seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
TMC Transportation has an immediate part-time opening for a Customer Service Intern working out of our office in Ames, Iowa.
The Customer Service Intern is a position that assists with the day to day functions of a Customer Service Representative, while gaining insight in the transportation industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate deliveries with consignees
- Assist with data entry
- Maximize driver productivity by key performance indicators
- Maintain record keeping data for On Time Delivery and On Time Pickup
- Build relationships with new customers and maintain existing long term relationships
- Determining and negotiating competitive truckload rates
- Current student in a related program: Logistics, Supply Chain, Marketing, Business, Communications
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Experience with Sales Automation, Customer Relationship Management, or Web based software programs
- Ability to execute a vision, manage multiple priorities, and achieve results
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous sales or customer service experience is a plus