The Creative Production Specialist will assist in, or be solely responsible for, the setup, recording and editing of creative media to produce executive, external, internal, and educational content. This position will work closely with other marketing team members to ensure the company brand, voice and tone are implemented into final production pieces. This position requires passion for the visual medium, and the production craft skills to bring compelling content to life. These skills include: lighting, filming, recording audio, editing, animation, graphics and creation of various digital & social media file outputs.
Video and Photography:
- Use a variety of videography, photography, and production software, equipment, and techniques to produce high-quality content which visually and expertly represents products or concepts.
- Produce captivating visuals by creating content using staging, cinematography equipment, graphical design, and any related software.
- Ensure corporate standards of company brand, style, and iconography, are implemented into final production pieces.
- Conducts field-based video production which involves interacting with customers and operating all portable video and audio equipment
- Audio and Sound Recording:
- Provide the setup, recording and editing of audio communication including podcasts, social media posts and more.
- Edit segments of motion video production footage, special effects, sound recordings, and coloring for the post-production process.
- Turns ideas into outlines, storyboards, and visuals
- Edit sound recordings, graphics, and animations to sync with visuals
- Compress, digitize, distribute, and duplicate video and audio projects
- Reviews and recommends appropriate technology and software for Workiva to provide high-quality multi-media productions
- Contribute to the team’s content creation efforts in regular planning meetings, brainstorms and pre-production meetings by bringing energy, enthusiasm, ideas and solutions
- Collaborate closely with various teams to plan video shoots, animated projects, podcasts, and a variety of digital and social content outputs
- Crafting effective stories through editing and animating video footage for a variety of outputs
- Works in partnership with various internal and external teams throughout the entire process and provides careful follow-through on all assignments
- Continuously grow craft skills and technical knowledge through creative/production experimentation, attending workshops and utilizing online resources
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in video production, multimedia, media arts, communication, and/or completion of a certificate program in television production from an accredited technical institute
- Associate’s degree would be considered for candidate with significant video production experience
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks at the same time, without compromising on quality or focus
- Ability to collaborate on shoots and in post with enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Extremely careful attention to details and technical requirements on production assignment deliverables
- Strong computer and technical skills required with familiarity in multimedia software programs, including – among others: Adobe Creative Suite, DaVinci Resolve, and Camtasia
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, and Photoshop strongly preferred
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, successfully multitasking and determining priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with others throughout Workiva
- Open-minded and receptive to constructive criticism/feedback from end user to meet needs of customer requests
- 4 years production and post-production industry experience and/or training required
- 2-3 years of experience as multimedia specialist and 1-2 years of graphic design experience preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience using After Effects and Premiere
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding and technical proficiency of video animation, and sound design.
- High level of interest/participation in a broad variety of social media platforms and a willingness to explore creative visual techniques to bring content to life.
- Strong technical and creative proficiency in operating cameras and production equipment to shoot footage with technical and creative proficiency.
- Craft expertise with post-production hardware, software, technology resources and solutions
- Less than 15% travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.