The Creative Operations Manager partners with the Director of Creative & Brand Management in serving as the project manager for all creative marketing projects and ensuring projects align with the overall vision and strategy of the global Workiva brand. The Creative Operations Manager will reside with the design team and work cross functionally, aligning with the content and digital teams to keep the creative process on track. This position will be instrumental in balancing day-to-day needs and long term strategy as well as seamlessly implementing our brand design systems to ensure consistency and quality of the Workiva brand experience at every touch point.
- Help drive efficiency and scalability in the creative production process, including brand consistency, timeliness, capacity, quality, and governance and compliance.
- Help add operational efficiency to the creative workflow process by using tools, measurement, and best practices to streamline and structure the way creative brand work is produced and deployed globally.
- Support the operational needs, requirements and requests of the Creative group to drive efficient and excellent content creation.
- Lead the development and implementation of new and/or existing Agile processes in support of the Creative team and the Workiva Brand to ensure the team delivers impactful work.
- Create, optimize and share process documentation across teams with the ability to pivot due to changing workflow demands to ensuring milestones and deadlines are met and desired outcomes are achieved.
- Work with Creative, Content and Digital Leadership and Marketing Operations to ensure processes run efficiently and can scale.
- Gather, analyze, and report data to provide success measurements and optimization opportunities.
- Contribute and support team vision and goals to achieve desired outcomes.
- Oversee and coordinate creative production and expedite creative output and continuity.
- Work closely with and report to the Creative Director on project flow and provide updates on any obstacles.
- Balance projects and Creative team workloads daily with strong delegation, adjusting assignments and deadlines accordingly.
- Manage day-to-day operations of asset management, translations and attaining resources upon request.
- Consistently and openly communicate to Creative and Content leadership status updates on projects, blockers, and requests.
- Coordinate with marketing leads to align priorities, assign resources, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Scale the teams impact globally through guidelines, shareable toolkits/templates and strong global team relationships.
- Monitor and champion creative consistency across all channels.
- Manage outsourcing plan and resources.
- Monitor efficient outsourcing plan, identifying when to engage freelance or agency support.
- Manage freelancer/agency relationships ensuring they are an extension of the team.
- Provide context, guidance & support per job as the team works thru objectives.
- Self-manage while providing progress updates and communication.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 4+ years of creative operations experience, project management, and/or creative traffic/creative service; SaaS company experience preferred
- Experience building process for brand design/content creation, presentations, photo, and video.
- Experience using Agile frameworks within Creative and/or Marketing teams preferred
- Design or art direction experience preferred.
- Ability to create and improve creative workflow and operations.
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams to drive tasks and projects to completion.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to follow through to completion
- Strong communications skills and the ability to speak design, creative, and technical language.
- A deep appreciation for quality and the ability to think creatively.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-developing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Possess a positive team spirit with strong communication skills.
- Highly proactive with a keen ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
Read more here.