About the role:
Pivot Bio is looking for a talented, reliable, go-getter that wants to be a part of a fast paced and impactful finance team. The Cost Accounting Manager is a newly created high visibility role, which will be a trusted conduit between Accounting and Supply Chain, Manufacturing and FP&A teams and will report directly to the Assistant Controller. If you are inspired by the opportunity to help build Pivot Bio’s cost accounting function as we scale, we invite you to apply!
This role resides in Ames, Iowa, or Berkeley, California but can be remote for the right candidate. This role may require an overnight travel approximately once a quarter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in month-end close process, including inventory balance and activity tie-out adjustments and reconciliations, ensuring resolution of any issues identified. Prepare journal entries for reclasses, accruals or adjustments related to inventory and COGS. Perform inventory and cost accounting monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with SOX control preparation, design and monitoring in cost accounting and inventory management areas.
- Assist with continued process, systems and reporting improvements in the cost accounting area, including managing the design, testing, and implementation of the cost accounting system in a new ERP installation.
- Participate in quarterly and annual physical inventory counts and review monthly inventory adjustments to identify root cause and drive improvements.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with business partners including manufacturing, supply chain, FP&A and accounting peers to facilitate the inventory and cost accounting process.
- Work with internal and external auditors quarterly including fulfilment of PBC list requests.
- Act as a backup for accounting and operational tasks as needed.
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting required
- 5+ years of recent cost accounting work experience
- Deep understanding of manufacturing environment and associated financial processes.
- Knowledge of supply chain, receiving, inventory flow and inventory valuation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Superior communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal skills; ability to listen effectively to solve problems, anticipate issues and make effective decisions. Ability to manage the details but also communicate with and influence senior leaders.
- Strong Excel skills are required.
- Experience working in a top tier ERP system (NetSuite or Oracle).
- CMA/CPA certification is a plus.
- Experience in working for a public company is desired.
- Experience in working in agricultural environment is strongly preferred.
Read more here.