This position is responsible for assisting in the oversight and management of all aspects of the accounting functions which include general ledger accounting, financial reporting, leasing, fixed assets, auditing.
- Lead and mentor accounting staff in a fast-paced environment
- Coordinate monthly accounting and general ledger close activities to successfully meet internal and external deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements and monthly financial packages.
- Responsible for Fixed Assets and Project Accounting Sub-ledger activities and reconciliations
- Responsible for accounting for Leases
- Manage ARO (Asset Retirement Obligation)
- Review disbursements for accuracy, approvals, and proper documentation.
- Review and approve journal entries and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with department policies, internal controls, and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) regulations.
- Assist with internal and external financial statement audits.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience at a public accounting firm with assurance services experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel experience required.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required.
Read more here.