The Copy Editor is responsible for ensuring that all written marketing material is concise, consistent, correct, easy-to-read, and expressed in a logical manner. The Copy Editor often works under intense deadline pressure without compromising brand standards.
- Help us deliver nearly flawless content in the form of blog posts, emails, e-books, white papers, infographics, website copy, advertisements, direct mail, events/webinars, brochures, internal communications, images, and other content formats
- Maintain corporate style guide in conjunction with stakeholders, ensuring consistency with brand voice and tone
- Work with writers to provide guidance and polish content for maximum channel performance
- Meet daily deadlines
- Ensure that all content is both grammatically and factually correct, including significant historical dates and quotation attribution
- Proof content in final form
- Stay up-to-speed on subject matter and industry best practices
- Constantly improve the efficiency and accuracy of the overall editorial process
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
- Related fields may include English, Journalism or Communications
- 2+ years of experience working as a copy editor
- Experience writing about and editing technical subjects
- Experience with digital assets and marketing/advertising materials preferred
- A sharp eye for detail
- Ability to work independently in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to think on your feet and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with a readiness to collaborate as needed with content, design, and other marketing team members
- Superior writing, editing, fact checking, and research skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Minimal travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $67,000 – $88,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here