At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Conveyance Engineer, we’ll count on you to:
- Conduct studies, evaluations, and prepare detailed designs of water distribution and sewer collection systems.
- Prepare plans/construction drawings for water and wastewater improvements.
- Develop technical specifications.
- Prepare design reports to document the design process.
- Perform construction-phase services including administration, construction observation and engineering activities.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- B.S. in civil, environmental or closely related engineering field.
- 5+ years of related experience including civil and water/wastewater pipeline designs and the preparation of construction drawings and specifications
- Thorough understanding of water and wastewater conveyance hydraulics.
- Design experience with wastewater lift stations and/or water pump stations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Experience with trenchless technologies/installation and sewer/pipeline rehabilitation techniques
- Experience with assessing sewer pipeline conditions through used CCTV and field test data;
- using Civil3D for development of site grading, pipeline plans and profile drawings, and
- ArcGIS software, including system mapping and basic data analysis
- Aptitude and demonstrated hands-on experience with computer applications in Civil Engineering such as Civil 3D, InRoads, Siteworks, HEC-RAS, etc.
- Experience with hydraulic modeling software.
- Experience collaborating with clients as part of design development
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.