Job Posting: 1/4/22 FLSA Status: Salaried, exempt
Reports to: Content Marketing Manager
Ag Leader was born from a passion and determination to transform agriculture forever. In 1992, Ag Leader changed the industry by bringing real-time yield data to farmers’ fingertips. Today, more than 25 years later, Ag Leader has become a global team providing year-round solutions to meet the needs of production agriculture. We are improving the lives of farmers around the world by helping them plan, plant, apply, and harvest more efficiently and profitably. And we aren’t slowing down. Ready to use your talent to implement change? Join our team of innovators continuing to revolutionize agriculture.
Ag Leader is looking for a Content Marketing Specialist to drive and create engaging content to connect the value of Ag Leader’s full farm offering with farmers. In this role, you’ll work closely with the agronomy and marketing team to execute the content marketing plan. You are a fit if you thrive in a fast-paced tech environment and you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and seek out information and solutions.
The Right Person Will
- Be motivated with a strong willingness to learn marketing practices and take on new challenges.
- Relate to farmers and have a customer-focused mentality.
- Enjoy being creative and coming up with new ideas to reach our target audience.
- Thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Be an enthusiastic learner and motivated team member.
- Manage projects/resources to accomplish marketing communication objectives in an effective and efficient manner. Manage project execution workflow, and deadlines.
- Support the content marketing strategy including contributing to the editorial calendar including developing appealing topic angles, seeking out experts or evangelists, chasing information and proof, and translating it into sharable content.
- Develop high-quality multi-media content including, but not limited to written, video, photography, graphics, data, and testimonials targeted towards a variety of audiences.
- Follow content marketing trends and monitor and analyze the performance of new and existing content, adjusting and revising as needed.
- Support the agronomy team in producing content that educates on the value of technology in the field.
- Maintain, analyze and facilitate the dealer ad program.
- Assist in web updates, social media posting, and ad buying.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, agriculture.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Highly detailed orientated.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of farming practices and principles.
- Proficiency with various content production tools including social media platforms, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc. a plus.
- Temporarily remote position, must be based within driving distance to Ames, Iowa.