The Content Designer helps shape the vision and voice of the Workiva platform This person works with User Experience Designers, Product Managers, and SMEs to support the Workiva’s customers by producing clear and accurately written technical material for the platform’s products and features.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborates with product managers, user experience designers, and subject matter experts to support a world-class user experience
- Follows audience-centered and iterative methods to understand user needs
- Develops and support content strategy for the product end user
- Delivers outstanding documentation, user assistance, and product copy
- Helps ensure the success of a rapidly growing enterprise user base
- Works with internal and external stakeholders throughout the systems development life cycle to write and edit text for Workiva products
- Collaborates with team members and stakeholders to explore new approaches that will provide the best text support to users
- Produces clear and accurate written technical material for products and features
- Creates text that increases user engagement and encourages them to try new products and features while maintaining consistency across text
- Assists internal teams with technical writing requests as needed
What You’ll Need
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to negotiate, collaborate, and influence involved stakeholders
- Ability to provide mentorship, vision, and skill leadership to other writers
- Uncanny attention to detail and customer focus
- 3+ Years in software technical writing or product documentation
- Experience working in a lean UX/Agile environment
- BA/BS or MS in Technical Communication, English, Human-Computer Interaction, or related discipline (or relevant experience)
- Up to 10% travel to meet with internal and external stakeholders
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Depending on assigned work location, walking outdoors between company campus facilities in a variety of weather conditions may be necessary to perform responsibilities of this position
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $88,000 – $118,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- 401(k) match
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best – either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.