Job Reference Number: QSUS2019JB298
Location: Ames, IA
Join the QualySense journey
QualySense, a young Swiss company, is reinventing the global soft commodity market by pioneering the proprietary QSorter® technology, a sophisticated high-speed single-kernel robot, which measures the compositional and physical quality of each grain and sorts it accordingly. The QSorter is the result of outstanding R&D in the field of sensing, mechatronics, biochemistry, data processing and life science along with world-known partners such as the United States Department of Agriculture, EMPA, Agroscope, and ETH. We commit to bringing excellence in nutrition, health and safety to people all over the world and we are looking for talents that can help us achieve our mission. (Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxhbALd3XIQ).
Our company is currently expanding in the US and we are currently seeking a Machine Vision specialist that can take up responsibilities in the area of development and implementation of classification methods for on-line/in-line/at-line applications for the analysis and sorting of seeds, kernels and beans of agricultural commodities to be processed by our QSorter® platforms.
In this position, you will be responsible to work on challenging assignments helping our local customers solving a vast variety of problems related to the quality, traceability and consistency of raw materials along the entire value chain from farm to fork.
We are seeking a fast-thinker able to build bridges between the customer requirements and technical solutions in areas such as rapid and automated phenotyping, visual quality inspection and sorting. We are looking for candidates with experience in machine vision and machine learning methods preferably applied to agricultural and biological products.
The Machine Vision specialist we are looking for is someone that has passion for quality, an unparallel level of abstract thinking, focused on efficiency and performance, very well organized and structured and – last but not least – thrilled by working in an environment characterized by a strong acceleration in business development.
If you are seeking a new challenge, come join our team and make it stellar!
Your climbing kit
▪ M.Sc. Degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Bio Informatics or equivalent. Ph.D. is an asset
▪ Experience in image processing and machine learning techniques including neural network
architectures and supervised/unsupervised classification methods
▪ Proficiency in MATLAB or in C++. Experience in LabVIEW or willingness to learn it
▪ Documented ability to work collaboratively within cross functional teams
▪ Strong documentation, organization and time management skills is required
▪ Fluency in written and spoken English
▪ A market competitive salary plus bonus incentives for individual and team achievements
▪ Opportunity to learn and educate yourself by interacting with our experts from different fields or by
attending courses which you are highly encouraged to propose
▪ Opportunity to see a direct impact of your work on our products, customers and industry
▪ A chance to contribute your ideas and exchange feedback in an open minded and supportive
▪ You will be part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team, following the SCRUM agile
development process to achieve the maximum productivity
If you feel attracted by the challenge and you meet the requirements, we would be happy to review your
application. It must be written in English and sent to email@example.com in a PDF format, mentioning
the job reference number on top of this page. Incomplete applications will not be considered.