Job Code: J04855
Salary Grade: S10
Performance Pay Target: 10%
Physical Inventory Code: OD1
Approved Date: 4/4/2019
Serves as the business liaison between Iowa State University, Iowa State Research Park, and Alliant Energy.
Executes strategic outreach plans related to the talent acquisition pipeline and the coordination of available campus
and research park resources for various areas of the company. Responsible for the coordination and measurement
of activities and strategies to be executed through partnership with Iowa State.
These accountabilities are not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities and does not limit or modify the
right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees assigned to this job.
• Builds collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to facilitate the identification and
use of resources needed to execute a variety of work to be performed through connection with the ISU Research
• Develops and maintains an outreach strategy across ISU and ISU Research Park that focuses the use of Alliant
Energy’s time, talent, and financial resources. Maintain an evaluation system to analyze effectiveness of
strategies to determine go-forward plans, including future investments.
• Executes ISU university related recruitment strategies and initiatives in order for the organization to prepare
future generations for careers within various areas of Alliant Energy. This includes planning, organizing,
executing and measuring involvement with the campus, including internal and external events.
• Leads the planning, organizing, execution and measurement of internal and external events in support of
university outreach and advancing the reputation of Alliant Energy. Some examples may include Alliant Energy
Internship Program, student organization engagement, events on campus and at ISU Research Park, research
and capstone projects, council engagement, student visits and tours, etc.
• Enhances local talent pipeline by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with key community
stakeholders and participating in community networking activities.
• Work closely with Alliant Energy management to oversee facility needs, including budget and security.
• Maintains relationship with the Center for Industrial Research and Service (CIRAS) and the Digital Manufacturing
Lab located within the Iowa State University Research Park in order to support the enhancement electrification
and workforce initiatives.
• Performs work under the supervision of a manager or director.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform this job.
Education Level Field of Study: Required/Preferred
Bachelor’s Degree Emphasis in business administration, human resources, economic development, marketing or related area: Required
Experience in Lieu of Education
• 4 years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
• 5 years of professional experience working independently in community relations, business development,
recruitment or closely related area.
• Demonstrated experience in recruitment/talent acquisition and/or as a program manager leading youth or talent
• Demonstrated effective leadership experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills, and the ability to independently take initiative in identifying and anticipating
business unit needs and making recommendations for implementation.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and execute multiple projects and work initiatives at one time.
• Demonstrated ability to develop short- and long-term strategic plans and translate those plans into action.
• Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
• Ability to understand the wider organization and its strategic objectives, as well as the environment and market in
which the business operates.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external people,
at all levels, both in formal and informal circumstances, and where necessary to gain their agreement and
• Working knowledge of talent acquisition, workforce development and community outreach strategies.
• Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
ALLIANT ENERGY VALUES
It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it.
• Live safety. Everyone. Always.
Our first priority is that nobody gets hurt.
• Do the right thing.
We keep our promises and conduct our business openly and honestly.
• Care for others.
Together we create a workplace where people feel like they belong and can use their unique backgrounds,
talents and perspectives to their fullest potential.
• Make things better.
We partner with our customers and communities to solve problems, create opportunities and help make life
• Act for tomorrow.
We use resources wisely, care for the environment and continuously improve ourselves and our company.
• Think beyond. Be bold.
We create and embrace change, innovate beyond current practices and use our curiosity to find new solutions.