Position: Commercial Agronomy Analyst, Ames, IA
The Commercial Agronomy Analysist will work closely with the Commercial and Product Development Agronomy teams to enhance our ability to utilize data science to evaluate product performance and placement. In addition, the ability to write research summaries that can be shared across the organization and with customers is needed. This role will also help us understand the environments where our products perform well and where we are challenged. The ability to lead project teams is also critical.
- Lead the overall collection of timely and accurate farm data from farmer-customers and independent sales representatives.
- Will conduct tissue sampling in all locations we have two product demonstrations with goals of
- Proof points for growers
- Nitrogen credit
- Gather the data necessary to create a field-level nitrogen prescription which has its foundation on Pivot Bio PROVEN
- Track data ingest throughout the analytics process to ensure all data sets are accounted for and properly analyzed.
- Initiate outreach to sales representatives and farmer-customers to determine treatment and application areas.
- Provide answers to sales reps and farmer-customers about agronomic data exported from various systems.
- Train and assist the Customer Success Center team with incoming data questions.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to analyze agronomic files and find answers to data questions.
- Utilize spatial analysis tools to analyze data and evaluate product performance.
- Enter and/or reconcile data into our proprietary Farmer Portal.
- Respond to inbound inquiries in a timely manner related to farm data requests from the Customer Success Center.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders throughout the project to clarify questions and share results as data is processed and available.
- Assist with data exporting/importing, monitor and reconcile machine data and customer outreach to gain necessary insights for data analysis.
- Various project work and ad-hoc analysis upon request.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. degree with spatial data coursework or experience.
- Experience with ArcGIS, QGIS, or another spatial data software.
- Direct experience and/or a strong professional understanding of the agricultural industry is required, applicant must be able to work with farm data efficiently and recognize the requests and information for sales reps and customers.
- Innate desire to work directly with farmer-customers via phone to ensure data is accurate and answer any outlying questions prior to processing the data.
- Familiarity of agricultural inputs and/or machine data systems including MyJohnDeere, Climate FieldView, AgLeader SMS and others.
- High attention to detail and good informational organization.
- Self-starter that can work independently and contribute to team development.
- Comfortable learning new processes every day. As a new but growing team, client work is constantly evolving.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, especially over the phone and via email.
- Brings an optimistic attitude with teamwork and simplicity.
- Able to work efficiently while managing multiple requests and tasks.
*Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team