The Cloud Security Architect will work with architecture and infrastructure teams to direct the design and development of Workiva security architectures to protect data deployed into multiple cloud systems. This position will help lead the security vision and strategy across all platforms, and partner with leaders across the business to identify key risks and opportunities to enhance Workiva’s cloud security posture.
What you’ll do
- Leads business and technical partners with expert knowledge of relevant security technologies.
- Prepares and analyzes overall security architecture and detailed systems specifications for complex security systems
- Serves as InfoSec Ambassador and lead technical representative to Infrastructure and Reliability and R&D as a whole.
- Leads discussion with stakeholder teams regarding best practices in design and implementation of secure cloud systems
- Leads initiatives designed to share knowledge across InfoSec, R&D, and Technology teams.
- Identifies, recommends, coordinates, and delivers timely knowledge to support teams regarding technologies, processes or tools.
- Develops and executes strategies to increase Cloud Security knowledge throughout the enterprise.
- Represents Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global enterprise cloud architecture
- Designs, develops, and implements cloud-native architectures that will allow requirements to be met with appropriate security controls present.
What you’ll need
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
- 10 years experience with Security Architecture and/or Engineering.
- 5 years experience with Cloud platforms
- In-depth knowledge of Cloud services relevant to Workiva’s infrastructure, their configuration, and common security problems
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to be successful in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Technical writing experience
- Up to 10% travel may be required
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
View page here