McFarland Clinic is currently accepting applications for Clinical Care Navigator – CMA/LPN for its Ames office. Candidates should be service-oriented, a team player, and be able to provide extraordinary care, every day to our patients.
Responsibilities include: assisting in the delivery of healthcare and patient care management in accordance with McFarland Clinic’s Core Values and Promise by assisting patients with closing care gaps such as preventive screenings, tests, and visits, Annual Wellness Visits & Welcome to Medicare Visits, Transitional Care Management, and Chronic Care Management; as well as serving as a “gatekeeper” and resource for the SNF 3-day waiver program.
- Following the processes defined by the Population Health Director:
- Identifies patients with care gaps using EHR or payor-supplied data and proactively contacts them via MyChart/Mail/Telephone to arrange for completion of the necessary activity.
- Uses defined processes and systems to report clinical quality data to payors as appropriate per value-based contracts with those payors.
- Identifies patients with upcoming visits and connects with the patient via MyChart/Mail/Telephone to gather necessary information to accurately complete the AWV/WMV, including but not limited to: health risk assessment, health maintenance items, fall risk screening, medication reconciliation, allergies, problem list, and care team.
- Acts as a “gatekeeper” to ensure patients potentially eligible for admission to a eligibility requirements and are eligible for the 3-day waiver. Coordinates with the length-of-stay. Coordinates with the SNF and PCP office upon discharge from SNF to ensure coordinated follow-up.
- Acts as a backup for Care Managers by stepping in to provider Transitional Care Management and Chronic Care Management services to patients when needed.
- Maintains a safe, clean and orderly environment in the office setting.
- Other duties assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or certification as a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) from American Medical Technologist (AMT).
- Possession of State Licensed Practical Nursing.
- Mandatory Reporting of Dependent Adult Care and Child Abuse.
- Current BCLS certification
For more information, click here.