Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform analysis multi-OMICs studies; including genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, single-cell sequencing, and metagenomics
- Effectively communicate and defend own work, orally and in writing, in the context of the company and team goals at meetings
- Create individual animal species specific work-flows based on homology, literature searches and computational approaches
- Attend scientific meetings and perform literature searches to propose, evaluate and implement new bioinformatic packages to grow the teams scientific analysis toolbox
- Creation of computational pipelines and generation of scripts, specifically R, Python or Perl, to facilitate data analysis and presentation
- Utilize machine learning and/or artificial intelligence to perform data-driven analyses investigating associations between diseases and genetic or treatment conditions
- Assists in laboratory experiments to generate, process and analyze next generation sequencing data
- Demonstrates a contemporary level of technical proficiency and train junior level scientists
- Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics
- Complies with applicable regulations, performing all work in a safe manner; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies
- Ensure compliance with all relevant corporate, national and local authority regulations
Bioinformatic Post-Doc Requirements:
- PhD from an accredited institution in bioinformatics or other related computational biology field
- Strong background in computational sciences.
- Background in infectious disease and animal health is preferred
- Ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams is required.
- Ability to create written scientific reports and protocols, and strong verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to clearly articulate scientific and operational concepts of vaccine research across functions.
- The role requires highly motivated, dependable and well-organized individual who is able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.