As a Beef Production Intern at Summit Agricultural Group, you will be exposed to multiple aspects of our large-scale farming operation. The position is responsible for working in all areas of the operation and will be based at our Alden, Iowa headquarters.
Summit’s internship program is tailored to give you a unique experience while allowing you to grow in your area of study. You’ll be expected to work hard and think with an “entrepreneurial spirit” in order to contribute your ideas for improving Summit’s businesses. While you will report to the Beef Feedlot Manager, your overall experience will be overseen by our Internship Program Coordinator, who will help to ensure a successful internship experience for you. Throughout the internship you will have the opportunity to see all areas of Summit. At the end of the internship you will be asked to present a comprehensive presentation to Summit’s management team outlining the experiences, results and accomplishments you experienced during your time in the program.
Within Summit Agricultural Group’s paid internship program there will be opportunities to explore other departments, grow your professional network, engage in multiple lunch and learns and after work events!
- Work with the Animal Health and Feeding departments and get on-the-job experience in these areas of operation in the feedlot
- Exposure to evaluating feed rations for animal health
- Evaluate the difference of selling cattle live and on the rail
- Interact with the Summit Team in all activities and responsibilities associated with the cattle production operation
- Be exposed to risk management and accounting functions associated with cattle production and our feeding system
- Be exposed to operating agricultural equipment