The Digital Agriculture Innovations Team within the Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering at Iowa State University is accepting applications for Engineering III/IV positions which will provide technical leadership in the areas of Sensing, Automation, and Robotics for mobile vehicle systems. The ISU Digital Agriculture Innovation Team (www.isudigitalag.org) consists of professional staff and graduate students who work closely with agricultural industry partners to develop innovative technology solutions for agriculture. The team has a strong innovation record with over 30 patents and licensed technologies.
Daily responsibilities of this position will include:
- Senior level software development for sensing, automation, and/or robotics using Matlab and Simulink
- Interfacing and analysis of sensor data including the development of algorithms to filter and extract performance metrics from dynamic signals
- Direction and oversight of the application of statistics and data science in dynamic automation systems
- Development of fully functional prototypes of sensing, automation, and/or robotic mobile vehicle systems.
This work will be completed in a highly collaborative team environment.
The successful candidate:
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently
- Completes projects within a specified timeline
- Communicates effectively and provides technical leadership
- Ensures a safe working environment
- Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills and has a detail oriented personality
- Is a motivated self-starter and possesses the ability to conduct, document, and communicate research methods and results in the area of software development for sensing, automation, and/or robotic systems.
This position provides strong work diversity in a welcoming environment. Candidates that are detail oriented, organized, and value being on a strong team are encouraged to apply. All staff members are expected to interact collegially and maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, integrity, and ethics. The Digital Agriculture Innovations Team offers multiple opportunities for career growth and technical development for its employees.
These are three year term positions, with expectation for renewal based on performance and availability of funding and will be hired as an Engineer III or IV depending on candidate’s experience.
Engineer III: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience (PS811)
Engineer IV: Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related experience (PS812)
In addition to the duties listed, the Engineer IV level will be expected to lead highly complex projects with minimal oversight, be responsible for planning timeline and scope for a project team, and coordinate engagement with outside stakeholders.