Our Digital Engagement Team is innovating how we understand our patients and their needs. Working cross functionally we are inventing new ways of communicating, measuring, and interacting with our customers and patients through digital channels and technologies.
The Global Human Health Division (GHH) has undergone significant transformation over the past few years, driven by an effort to shape our Company’s future by building or enhancing core commercial capabilities.
In order to execute on the strategy of being more adaptive and responsive to changing market needs, and to keep pace with the digital evolution happening in the marketplace, the US Market has identified a need to develop, manage and incorporate Agile methodologies in the way we work. To achieve this vision, in part we need to develop agile teams, and a core member of those teams is the Scrum Master.
In this role, the Scrum Master will work as a member of the Scrum Master Chapter Team supporting/ guiding one of our digital engagement teams. The Scrum Master is responsible for supporting the agile team in their effort to meet the Digital Engagement needs of the brand team(s) and ultimately improve net income of the US Market.
In addition, the Scrum Master will develop a strategy to realize the cultural changes needed to embed agile principles and practices in the way we work. Over time additional opportunities may also exist to lead and/ or work on important transformational or operational excellence projects as part of the broader US Marketing Strategy and Commercial Operations organization.
This position is location agnostic.
- Supports the launch and training of the Agile Team
- Guides the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to improve the quality, speed, and compliance of digital promotion
- Coaches the team to higher levels of agile maturity over time
- Supports the Product Owner in maintenance and grooming of the product backlog (i.e. clarification of required work and what to prioritize)
- Facilitates SCRUM ceremonies (daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives) and maintains KANBAN boards to enable transparency about the work and adjustments that are required
- Facilitates discussion to enable rapid and thoughtful decision making
- Guides the team on how to optimize self-organization and co-location
- Removes impediments to progress of work via servant leadership, coaching or influencing actions of SMEs and leadership
- Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on progress and problem-solving
- Models and coaches diplomacy and emotional intelligence to enable conflict resolution and a self-directed team mindset
- Assists with internal and external communication, manages transparency issues with leadership, and radiates information as guided by the needs of USLTs
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- Strong executive presence and communication skills with ability to speak with candor when appropriate
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to align various stakeholders to a common goal
- Confidence to work independently and successfully navigate through ambiguity
- Strong understanding of compliance-related concepts and application in all job-related functions
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Experience with the promotion operations processes including content creation, approval, digital publishing, and content management
- Amenable to servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: Kanban being a key priority
- Scrum certified and/or experience in a Scrum Master role (i.e., understanding of scrum principles, practices, and theory)
- Strong understanding of change management
- Experience leading a large field or HQ change initiative
- Six Sigma experience and/or certifications
- Project Management experience and/or certifications
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end marketing process
- Strong understanding of the evolving US healthcare landscape and interdependencies
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.