Company Production Systems (CPS) is an integrated production system for how we design, manage, and continuously improve our operations and supporting business processes, enabled through the development of our people. The Manufacturing Division’s Animal Health CPS Team is responsible for driving CPS throughout the organization to enable change in the operating systems, management systems, and mindsets, behaviors and capabilities of our people to produce product at the highest quality, for the lowest cost, and in the shortest lead time.
Under the direction of the Animal Health (AH) Operations Executive Director, work with leaders and sites to continue embedding CPS into the business. Approximately 50% of the time will be spent on the floor providing direct, hands on support of activities, while 25% will be spent coaching leaders within assigned area of responsibility. Due to the nature of the work and diversity of sites, expected travel will be about 50-75%:
- Partner with and consult AH functional leaders, plant managers and their leadership teams to develop plans and execute performance improvement activities
- Influence and link improvement objectives to the highest division priorities
- Develop Lean management and people development processes and plans
- Manage end-to-end processes and projects to drive results and realize intended business benefit
- Utilize various Lean and Six Sigma tools and techniques in conjunction with the House of CPS to diagnose, analyze and improve business processes and enable behavioral change to drive daily continuous improvement
- Provide teaching and coaching to effectively transfer Lean skills into the organization for the development of Lean Leaders
- Provide guidance for our Company’s structure and operations and identify key business opportunities through utilizing financial data and industry knowledge and trends
- Proactively recognize and mitigate barriers to cross-functional initiatives and can act as an intermediary across divisional, geographical, and cultural boundaries
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and challenging the status quo, while driving departmental/regional strategies that align with our Company’s long term strategy
- Manage teams to mitigate risk, allocate resources, and drive on time completion of initiatives
- Mentor others on effective communication and active listening techniques to more fully understand client/customer needs and expectations
- Lead value deep process analysis through value stream mapping to measure stagnation of inventory and information and can lead kaizen to increase capacity and improve process performance
- Develop visual controls and framework to make problems visible and responds with urgency to effectively break down complex problems, lead root cause analysis, and develop effective countermeasures
- Lead and coach kaizen with a team to achieve multiple target conditions to achieve an overall challenge and improve standardized work
- Can design balanced work to takt time, with smooth flow and lead kaizen to reduce lead time, inventory and change over
- Apply scientific method problem solving methodology (8-step) to solve complex problems with multiple independent variables
- Able to engage sponsor s and clients, lead major changes, and effectively coach senior leaders and E2E/IPT Managers
- Build trust and develop new relationships with internal and external clients to effectively collaborate and achieve successful outcomes at a regional/global
Education Minimum Requirement
- At least a bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, supply chain, or related areas of study.
Required Experience and Skills
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma and Lean
- Analyzing complex end-to-end supply chains and driving process improvement
- Hands-on application of Lean tools and techniques: standardized work, scientific problem solving, value stream mapping, mistake proofing, SMED, 5S-Visual Factory
- Applying consultative skills: ability to influence decision making, ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to shop floor working teams), project management skills (demonstrated experience in managing large teams), solid business acumen, proven team building skills, exceptionally good listening skills, results oriented, strong analytical skills, and prior process improvement experience
- Coaching, Teaching, and driving a High Performance Organization
- Proven experience in coaching and teaching others to think, behave and apply lean methods and tools
- Enabling and leveraging diverse perspectives, talents, etc. to achieve business outcomes
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Extensive Lean application experience, deep understanding and successful application of a continuous improvement system, such as The Toyota or Company Production Systems)
- Excellent skills using IT applications to organize and analyze data
- Operations management, manufacturing, or related disciplines
- Pharmaceutical environment
- Secondary degree in supply chain or business administration
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
View page here