Summer Internship May – August 2024
The agronomy field team needs immediate help to expand our reach with current customers, establish key field protocols, take samples for critical data related to product advancement and work with our Sales and Marketing teams to hold field days, demo days and conduct training for reps, dealers and growers.
In this role, an intern will:
- Assist with the implementation of product research trial protocols in designated geographies
• Scout assigned customer fields throughout the year for any stress, pests, or other field issues
• Participate in soil, plant, and other forms of research sampling and data collects throughout the growing season
• Monitor work for accuracy, manage multiple responsibilities, and maintain professionalism
• Support the Agronomy team with weekly field observations and updates
• Utilizing drone, imagery, and other forms of remote sensing software to evaluate field trials
• Visit and conduct QA/QC inspection of 3rd party and university trials in designated territory
- Develop a field-based learning project and present project objective and results upon completion of internship
- Other duties as assigned
- Routinely walking, scouting, sampling, and working in production corn fields with varying summer elements
- Driving between farm sites and other locations as needed
- Regularly lifting objects (up to 60lbs)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or higher degree in Agronomy, Crop Sciences, Soil Science and/or related field
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage time and execute on assigned responsibilities
- Must live in assigned territory
- Must be at least 20 years old for rental car purposes.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions, i.e., heat, humidity, rain, cold, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Must be able to drive or ride in a vehicle for long periods of time.
- Seasonally the workday may be expanded to allow for tasks to be completed.
- Exposure to dust and pollen likely