The Agile Coach serves as the driving force of agile transformation initiatives, utilizing a variety of tools, methods, and approaches to meet goals. This role will guide agile team development, mentor best practices from a variety of frameworks, and coach change across multiple teams and roles within the organization. The Agile Coach will advocate for continuous process improvement while challenging the team to innovate.
- Clearly identify a maturity roadmap. Assess a team’s current processes and suggest best practices and methodologies that will be most effective in meeting goals.
- Cultivate an environment that empowers and energizes team members with a focus on accountability, adaptability and collaboration—driving momentum behind agile changes.
- Apply strong lateral influence using relevant tools and techniques such as strategizing, coaching, advising, workshops, and mentoring.
- Work collaboratively with core solution teams to identify process problems or delays, utilize best practices or techniques from across a wide range of methodologies (agile, lean, etc) to enable ongoing improvement.
- Facilitate planning sessions and lead applicable ceremonies at various levels, including strategic planning and sprint/iteration levels.
- Serve as an embedded coach to ensure ongoing communication around change management, results, and drive momentum.
- Use underlying agile values and principles to solve problems and adopt process improvement to deliver results with predictability.
- Identify potential and actual roadblocks and manage avoidance and remediation.
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Agile development, including coaching on agile methodologies preferably within a large, global organization
- Proven leadership experience guiding and directing cross-functional teams
- Experience working or applying agile to non-technical groups is a preferred
- Strong facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Enjoys solving problems and able to resolve conflicts through strong mediation skills.
- Communicates clearly and can deliver complex messages and teach new concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross functional teamwork in and across teams and organizations.
- Extensive knowledge of agile process concepts, strategies, and methodologies with the ability to select the right framework for the job (never a purist)
- Highly motivated, self-driven problem solver
- 10% of travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View page here