McFarland Clinic is currently accepting applications for Administrative Assistant for its Ames office. Candidates should be service-oriented, a team player, and be able to provide extraordinary care, every day to our patients.
Responsibilities include: assisting the Administrative staff in the coordination and implementation of administrative activities in accordance with McFarland Clinic’s Core Values and Promise.
Examples of Duties:
- Relays accurate information to patients, physicians and staff regarding Clinic policies and procedures where appropriate.
- Provides telephone support and messaging for Administration.
- Assists Administrative staff with special projects, report generation/distribution, and third party filings.
- Process department invoices and submit for payment.
- Gather financial/operational information and prepare packets for Administrative staff departmental meetings.
- Maintain administrative files for leases, third party agreements, directorship agreements, provider contract copies, Board of Directors/selected committees agenda/materials/minutes for Board/Shareholder/selected Committee meetings.
- Proficiently utilize departmental software to develop agendas/materials/minutes for Board/Shareholder/selected Committee meetings.
- Coordinate facility arrangements for Shareholder/Board/Committee meetings, medical staff/department meetings, Board retreats, etc.
- Maintain electronic files for provider data/directories and post/distribute as directed.
- Performs related work as requested.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- High School Diploma, GED or HiSET.
- Associate degree in business administration or legal secretarial practices preferred.
Days: Monday-Friday — 4 days/week with a rotating afternoon out. Specific days TBD
Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. (36 to 40 hours per week)
- Five years experience in an administrative office environment.
- Typing ability of 60 wpm.
- Proficient in Google applications (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and Presentations) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint applications.
McFarland Clinic is central Iowa’s largest physician-owned multi-specialty clinic. Join our team and join a group of caring professionals, dedicated to providing Extraordinary Care, Every Day! We value quality care and extraordinary service, trusting relationships and an exceptional workplace. Our organization has more than 70 years of experience of caring for people. We welcome applicants who can help us enhance the health and well-being of our patients and communities we serve.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. McFarland Clinic takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
View page here