Summit Carbon Solutions is an innovative start-up company which is developing and building the world’s largest carbon capture project in the upper Midwest over the next several years. We are a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial team that is expanding rapidly. We are looking for a smart, flexible, and high-energy individual to join our team. Summit Carbon offers an exciting, collaborative work environment with a casual dress code. We offer above average employee benefits and competitive pay.
This position is responsible for the Accounts Payable department to look after payment transactions and the financial commitments of our company. Should be able to maintain ledgers, oversee tax-related processes, maintain spreadsheets and database of valuable information, and uphold the company’s policies and image with vendors and customers.
- Manage and supervise the accounts payable department
- Oversee accounting functions such as maintaining the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and project accounting
- Ensures that systems, policies, and procedures adhere to company policies while functioning with accuracy and timeliness
- Ensures that the accounts payable and the company’s financial obligations are met efficiently.
- Oversees all tax-related processes, like the 1099 tax forms
- Keep track of the company’s financial expenditures, maintain a database and provide reports as and when requested by supervisors
- Oversee all payment transactions such as ACH, wires, paper checks and so on
- Will be in charge of data entry, validation, and processing of various types of invoices like general overhead, subcontractor, and employee travel reimbursements
- Keeps track of the status of all transactions taking place within the company and external vendors and contractors
- Standardize procedures to generate efficiency in-house and create internal templates to be used by the company
- Be active on the customer service front and be quick and accurate with communication
- Ensure compliance with department policies, internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) regulations.
- Assist with internal and external financial statement audits
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing business processes in order to develop new analyses/reports to facilitate operational and financial planning and decision making
- Develop processes and business partner relationships with internal and external groups that will improve the flow of financial information within the company
- Keep current with updates to the industry and regulatory environments
- Liaise with financial system software administrators and provide system support to end users
- Special projects as needed and other duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
- Minimum five or more years related business experience required; ten or more years preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics D365 accounting system preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel experience required.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) required.
- Must be detail-oriented, strong analytical skills, highly motivated and team-oriented individual.
- Flexible to work extra hours during peak periods.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth-oriented environment.
For more information, click here.