The Accounting Specialist – Accounts Receivable provides general accounting assistance for this area within the Accounting team. The position performs tasks directly related to their area of expertise as well as assists with compiling information as necessary for outside auditors and tax service providers and assigned special projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Accounting Collections Assistance: Oversees customer collections activity and develops collaborative working relationships externally and cross-functionally to provide customer account receivable collections assistance
- Reviews all customer collections activity and the aging of outstanding receivables and sends automated notices to customers
- Follows up and answers customer questions regarding late notices
- Reviews outstanding accounts and recommends to appropriate manager for escalating collections
- Collaborates with Customer Success and Sales regarding delinquent accounts to resolve issues to continue customer service
- Enters customer payments into the general ledger system as needed
- Technical Accounting Expertise: Provides accounting expertise in assigned area of accounts receivable
- Enters customer invoice entries based on signed contracts; communicates with sales team on all new contracts and customers to ensure invoice matches intent behind the order; submits invoices through customer systems
- Assists in queue of customer and sales team inquiries; researches and responds to questions; escalates more complex questions as needed
- Interprets contracts with available knowledge and implements credit memos within scope of authority
- Completes assigned month end tasks for Accounting Manager
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of accounting skills, in applicable areas.
- Assists accounts receivable team on special projects
- Compiles information for outside auditors, tax service providers, and other project personnel as requested
What You’ll Need:
- Analytical ability to interpret contracts and policies
- Proficient accounting software knowledge, along with generic computer skills required
- Spreadsheet skills preferred
- Strong communication/collaborative skills to work with many personalities inside and outside of the company
- No prior experience required if candidate meets education requirements
- Bookkeeping experience preferred
- Associates degree in Accounting is required
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- High school graduate with 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience would be considered in lieu of Associates degree
- Less than 10%
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Depending on assigned work location, walking outdoors between company campus facilities in a variety of weather conditions may be necessary to perform responsibilities of this position
- Minimal travel requirements…less than 10%
- Minimal telecommuting may be allowed for infrequent personal reasons
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
View page here