The Revenue Accountant provides technical accounting expertise to the Accounting and Finance team by fulfilling accounting related tasks. Key job responsibilities include working with customer invoices, contracts, credit memos, account reconciliations, and compiles information as necessary for outside auditors and tax service providers. The Accountant- Revenue also assists with assigned special projects.
What You’ll Do
Manages Contract Reviews: Reviews contracts and uses accounting knowledge to decipher what additional documentation is needed
- Compares customer invoice entries to contracts and sales orders
- Reviews and interprets sales contracts to confirm agreement details
- Creates memos to support Workiva’s handling of contract revenue recognition for external auditors
- Serves as intermediary between Accounting, Marketing, and Sales to proactively assist in contract terms and pricing changes
Technical Accounting Expertise: Provides accounting expertise in assigned area of revenue
- Completes assigned documentation at month-end and forwards for review
- Performs reviews of assigned month-end procedures and maintains documentation of review and approval
- Demonstrates and applies strong accounting knowledge, acumen, and technical expertise
- Compiles information for outside auditors, tax service providers, and other project personnel as requested
What You’ll Need
- Analytical ability to interpret contracts and policies
- Proficient accounting software knowledge, along with generic computer skills required
- Spreadsheet skills preferred
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and collaborative skills to work with many personalities inside and outside of the company
- 3 years prior operating accounting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Associates degree in accounting 5-7 years of significant progressive operating experience accounting would be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- CPA preferred
- Position requires very minimal travel, less than 10%
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Minimal telecommuting may be allowed for infrequent personal reasons
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $68,000 – 82,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more about the company: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.