About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our products harness the power of naturally occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops and new sustainable ways for farmers to reduce the usage of fertilizers as they work to help feed the world’s growing population.
Position: Accounts Receivable (A/R) Analyst
Location: Hybrid role; in Ames, Iowa Office office 2-3 times per week
The A/R Analyst is an integral role within the Finance organization responsible for processing the day-to-day sales transactions of the business. This role will be working together with a Sr. A/R Analyst to handle the company’s invoicing activities. Under the direction of the Financial Operations Manager, the A/R Analyst will provide administrative and accounting support through their expertise in managing customer invoicing and payment application. They will also be the primary point of contact for any invoice and customer account related inquiries. The role will work cross-functionally with other departments and will have the opportunity to drive process improvements in a rapidly changing environment.
- Primary liaison between the finance team and customer facing departments. The role will interface with the customer success, collections, and sales teams on a regular basis.
- Responsible for invoicing a high volume of customers at specified times throughout the year.
- Timely processing of A/R customer balances to reflect change orders, cancellations and returns.
- Researches and reconciles customer accounts to resolve account discrepancies. ● Serve as back-up for recording payments on customer accounts.
- Deliver exceptional customer service when handling customer phone calls. Assess customer needs and achieve satisfactory solutions.
- Ability to resolve complex issues and involve the correct department when necessary.
- Supports collections team by responding timely to customer related inquiries and providing data as needed.
- Generates A/R reports and sends weekly A/R snapshot to internal stakeholders.
- Ability to streamline, iterate and improve invoicing process when changes are made in the sales funnel that impact the timing of billings and customer incentives.
- Performs troubleshooting of invoices to confirm data integrity between accounting and sales system.
- Support accounting activities as needed and other ad hoc requests.
- Outstanding communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Has proficient knowledge of commonly used A/R and customer invoicing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative to define and resolve problems.
- An associate’s degree in business/accounting/finance or related field is required and at least 1-3 years of previous work experience in billing/accounts receivable.
- Experience with major ERPs required; preferably Netsuite.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Displayed sense of ownership in relation to attitude and actions, assignments and event outcomes.
- Must be flexible, able to easily adapt, and be motivated by constant change.
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team
For more information, click here.