The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Research Labs can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Working closely with the site Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Professional. The Intern will gain meaningful EHS experience as it related to pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research & Development and Quality Control operations. The EHS Intern will gain hands on experience in performing various risk assessments including but not limited to Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene, and Job Safety Analysis. The EHS intern will not only assist the site EHS professional but will also be assigned various EHS projects to help gain knowledge and experience in day-to-day management of EHS activities typically seen within the pharmaceutical industry.
Projects may include:
- Assist in performing Ergonomic Assessments looking for opportunities to streamline processes to reduce risk of injuries and gain efficiencies
- Assist in site inspections and gather data related to Environmental compliance
- Assist Process Owners with EHS program evaluations as well as continued program implementation
- Assist with various site Risk Assessments including JSA’s and PPE reviews
Required Education & Experience:
- Candidates must be currently pursuing a Bachelors/ Masters Degree in Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology or other technical degree.
- Candidates must have completed at least 2 years of college course work.
- Candidates must be able to work full time for a period of 9-12 weeks.
- Candidate must have critical thinking, communication, problem solving and computer skills.
- Candidates must have ability to receive verbal or written direction and implement corresponding changes and ability to think critically about process inefficiencies and propose solutions.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Candidates should have prior internship or work experience in EHS field or in chemical manufacturing.
- Candidates should have ability to communicate ideas and explain decisions in a clear and understandable manner and ability to work in a small team.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
View page here