Location: Ames, IA, US, 50010
Company: John Deere
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa (US-IA) – Ames
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Year-Round Intern – Engineering Intern – Ames, IA – 49020
- Support John Deere’s work on an Integrated Solution (Tractor-Implement)
- Set up of equipment and calibration as needed
- Able to drive the tractor implement and gather data
- Co-ordinate lab and field evaluations
- Conduct Analyses and documentation
What It Takes
- Must be able to commute to the work locations (ISU research farm, 1327 UAve, Boone, IA 50036 and/or JD TIC Ames) on a daily basis
- Experience in Agriculture/Agricultural Engineering
- Knowledge in Mechatronics, Sensors & Controls (not a prerequisite)
- Able to drive and operate agricultural equipment
- Good people/communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Pursuing a four-year degree in Engineering
- Must be registered as a full-time student at Iowa State University
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- Graduation date of May 2020 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- 16 – 20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35 – 40 hours/week during the summer semester
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Ames
Nearest Secondary Market: Des Moines
Job Segment: Intern, Agricultural, Engineer, Summer Internship, Entry Level Engineer, Entry Level, Agriculture, Engineering